About the Association
The Hawkesbury District Agricultural Association (HDAA) was formed in 1879 and is a member of the Agricultural Show Societies Council of NSW – the parent body of 195 agricultural show societies in New South Wales.
It is a company incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 and its primary objectives include:
- conduct an annual Agricultural Show;
- manage, maintain and develop the Hawkesbury Showground as a community and event facility for the annual agricultural show and for hire;
- to promote agriculture and associated activities by the development of Hawkesbury Showground for competition and exhibition;
- to continue the development of Hawkesbury Showground;
- to provide a quality venue for the conduct of certain non-agricultural events and the development of supplementary revenue stream;
- to ensure the financial viability of the company;
- to encourage and promote membership of the Association.
A Committee (a maximum of 55 members) is elected by the members annually to control, direct and manage the affairs of the Association. The prime office-bearers of the Association are:
- The President;
- Deputy Presidents;
- Vice Presidents;
- Treasurer; and
- Secretary/Public Officer.
The Association employs 3 full time employees:
- Administration / Business Manager – to handle the everyday matters of the Association;
- Groundsman – general upkeep and maintenance of the Showground.
- Caretaker – Live in caretaker for general overnight security.
The Association seeks to attract volunteers/members who are committed to sustaining the Agricultural Show movement and to the development and maintenance of the Hawkesbury Showground.